Saving a video from your news feed or a group can be a little awkward because you’re operating within an authenticated environment (i.e. you log in to Facebook through your browser) but it’s actually pretty easy. Here are the steps:
- Browse to the video you want to download in Facebook and start it playing.
- Right-click the playing video and select Show video URL. Copy the URL and paste it into your browser’s address bar.
- Still in the address bar, change “www” to “m” to bring up the mobile version of the page; hit enter to load.
- In Chrome, hit F12 and click on the Network tab (ensure the network log is recording). I also like to check the Disable cache checkbox for convenience but if you don’t, click CTRL+F5 to forcefully reload the page and its resources from the server.
- Play the video (click play) and locate the the last request that pops up (it should be a .mp4 request).
- Right-click the request entry and click Copy > Copy link address
- Paste that address into your address bar and hit enter. The video will load.
- Right-click > Save As to save the .mp4 file